Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Think We are winning, but its no time to ease up.

Three months ago I was worried, Two months ago scared. One month ago, I was expecting the black copters to come circling around. We are winning and winning big but it ain't no time to quit. The fat lady ain't sung yet but I think way off in the distance i hear her warming up. Warning Warning!!No time to let up. Time to bear down. Acorn is not dead, not even dying. Keep up the great work.

I'm so proud of my coal industry in putting on the "Friends of America" rally in Logan on Labor Day. I'm so proud of every West by God Virginian, every Tennessean, every Virginian and ever Kentuckian there. And to those of you from Ohio: Could you pull over to the right hand lane when on the interstate? Thank you.
Anyway.

News on the home front ain't so very good. Stress and pressure over some paper work on Saturday without time to eat neither breakfast nor lunch caused some chest pains. I went to the emergency room and ended up at Hospital for observation overnight. If you read a recent post you will remember me being upset with people in a small room,right? Same deal in the Emergency Room and I was fed up. This gyno american (woman) asked me while i was strapped to a gurney what was wrong with me. I clenched my teeth and said chest pains. She and her man child then began a discussion to wit: He's never been in ICU (it was an emergency room) His brother had swallowed a squirrel once and had to be put in (or some such) He thought he was feeling well enough to get home.

I asked them to please whisper because i did not want their life history. I did not do this in the kindest way, remember chest pains OK?. He jumped up and ran to the nurse who came in and admonished me. Admonished me and I said OK Maam but as I was leaving I said to them both, "At least I taught you a lesson in manners". Wife was angry.

At the end of the day, I am fine, they could not find anything. I apologized to the nurse and told her the whole story. She said that I was entirely right but she was admonishing me so they would think they won. I just wish I had not mentioned it to my wife.

If you figure out my real name, please let me know; as I said, it ain't over yet but I like our chances

Sincerely

Harry Flashman

No comments:

Post a Comment