Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Walking Downtown

I walked through our little town today. If anyone thinks that small towns are dead, they need to come here. There is a Dr.'s office where they turn out prescription medicine on a regular constant endless basis. It is near the local drugstore. It is absolutely appalling the number of people (all chain smoking tattoo sporting teeth lacking folks)waisting their day sitting and standing in line for their meds.

I have no problem with tattoos nor with smoking nor with folks who don't have all their teeth (I missing some myself) but the combination of all three and their apparent lifestyle choices are certainly suspect. Anyway business at these locations are great. There is room for reform here. Not in the Public Option, not with Health Insurance companies. I promise to take a survey of who is paying for these meds one day. It won't be a scientific survey, I will just ask everyone there. I will bet the money hidden in my wallet (from my wife) that 99% of this crowd is on some sort of Gov't plan like workman's comp, ssi, or some other gov't giveaway. (oops showin a little there)

I'm just so proud of all of this commerce in town.

And if you must know, I work 7 days a week normally, but I took a vacation day today in order to work some around the house. My Daddy once told me to do what I like in life and you never go to work. He was right and I do work at what I like. I guess thats why people in town call me Ole Lucky

Sincerely

Harry Flashman

1 comment:

  1. Just a little note from your wife.....you have to ask me like every single day of your life where your wallet is when you get ready to go anywhere....what makes you think if I am the one keeping up with your wallet that I dont already know what you have hidden in it ?

    ReplyDelete